Funding Adventures

With the Government limit for Junior ISAs set at £9,000 for this tax year, there are several ways you can help fund their adventures.

Make a one-off payment

Pay by card over the phone

We can accept Junior ISA payments by card over the phone. Just call us on 01924 240164.

Make a bank transfer online

Bank transfers can be made directly into Junior ISAs using the following details:

Sort Code: 60-60-05
Account Number: 45941084
Reference: Please use the child’s account number as the reference. You can find this on a recent statement.

Send us a cheque in the post

Cheques should be made payable to ‘Kingston Unity’ ‘your child’s full name’.
You can post it back to us for free using Freepost KINGSTON UNITY.

Set Up A Direct Debit

If you’d like to make a regular contribution to a Junior ISA, you can set up a regular payment from £5 per month by Direct Debit. Simply download our Junior ISA gift form and return it to FREEPOST KINGSTON UNITY. Remember that payments made to the account are a gift to the child and cannot be returned to the payer.

Already contributing?

If you want to save a little more per month, you can increase the amount of your Direct Debit payments. You will need to ensure that payments don’t exceed the Government’s current annual limit of £9,000. If you’d like to increase your contributions to a Junior ISA, get in touch with us and we’ll help you make these changes.

Your money is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Other Important Information

Tax liability
Under current legislation, any money received from this Junior ISA will be free of tax and doesn’t need to be declared on a tax return.

Tax legislation may change in the future. If you’re in any doubt, please take advice from a professional tax adviser – you may be charged for this advice.

Please remember that payments made into the account are a gift to the child and cannot be returned to the payer.

Please Note: You must confirm you have read the key facts, before downloading this document.

Key Facts about our services and costs

1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is designed by the FCA to be given to consumers buying certain financial products. You need to read this important document. It explains the service you are being offered and how you will pay for it.

2. Whose products do we offer?

We offer products from the whole market

We only offer products from a limited number of companies

We only offer our own products

3. Which service will we provide you with?

We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.

You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.

We will provide basic advice on a limited range of stakeholder products and in order to do this we will ask some questions about your income, savings and other circumstances but we will not:

  • conduct a full assessment of your needs;
  • offer advice on whether a non-stakeholder product may be more suitable.

We can only offer products from Kingston Unity Friendly Society. These products will enable you to:

  • protect yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • save and invest with the added benefit of protecting yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • provide benefit cover in the event of sickness

4. What will you have to pay us for our services?

Normally, if you buy a financial product direct from us, there will be no payments such as commission or fees payable. If there are any commission or fees payable, we will tell you how we get paid and the amount before we carry out any business for you.

5. Who regulates us?

Kingston Unity Friendly Society, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and .the Prudential Regulation Authority. Kingston Unity Friendly Society’s FCA Registered Number is 110056.

Kingston Unity Friendly Society permitted business is advising and arranging life assurance and pensions business.

You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

6. What to do if you have a complaint

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
…in writing Write to Kingston Unity Friendly Society, Complaints Department, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ. …by phoneTelephone (01924) 240164

If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?

We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.

Most types of insurance business are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit.