Make the most of your annual tax allowance by saving a regular amount or investing a lump sum into our Investment ISA
Harder working savings invested with an honest approach
Our Investment ISA allows you to invest into our expertly managed With Profits fund which invests in a range of assets, delivering the potential of a greater return than the more common Cash ISA while protecting your savings from unpredictable markets. In addition to this, our Investment ISA delivers a guaranteed return of your initial investment on the 10th anniversary or each subsequent 5th anniversary, plus bonuses added, less withdrawals already made.
Investment with guarantees
On the 10th anniversary or each subsequent 5th anniversary after that, we guarantee you will be able to withdraw all the money paid into your ISA as well as all bonuses added, less withdrawals already made.
The potential for more
You can save up to £20,000 tax-free, into a range of ISAs in the 2019/20 tax year. Although it shouldn’t be used as an indicator of future performance, our ISA has delivered better than Cash ISA returns for the past five years.
The friendly alternative
As a mutual, we are here to create returns for our Members and not for corporate profit. Our Members are our shareholders and all surplus profits are returned to them as a bonus.
Take pride in your investment decisions knowing you’re guaranteed and protected
- Flexible saving – Save from £25 per month, a lump sum of £500 or more or a combination of the two. Stop, start or change your payments to suit your needs, as long as you stay within the Government’s annual ISA allowance.
- Invest with confidence – You’re guaranteed 100% of your initial investment, plus bonuses, less withdrawals already made, on the 10th anniversary or each 5th anniversary after.
- Investment bonuses– Once a bonus is added to your account, it cannot be removed.
- A low to medium risk fund – Our Investment ISA has delivered better than Cash ISA returns* since its launch in 2014. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. Bonuses are not guaranteed, but once added they cannot be removed.
- An ethical alternative – Our ethical stance means we do not knowingly invest in companies whose main business focus is in areas such as the selling/manufacturing of weapons, the rearing of animals for fur, or the offering of high-interest loans to those in financial difficulty. We believe that the values that our Society is based on warrant these investment decisions.
Our mutual ethos
As a mutual, we are here to create returns for our Members and not for corporate profit. Our mutual ethos means our Members are our shareholders and all surplus profits are returned to them as a bonus. It is this mutual ethos that has been the bedrock of our society for over 178 years.
Frequently Ased Questions
The more commonly asked questions about our Investment ISA