Long-term investments with the option of penalty free, annual withdrawals. Receive a £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card* when you invest £5,000 or more.
Long-term saving with money back guarantees
Looking for a medium to long-term investment? Our Investment Bond allows you to invest a lump sum while giving the option of 5% penalty free annual withdrawals should you need it. In addition to this, we guarantee that you will be able to withdraw 101% of your initial investment, plus bonuses added, less any withdrawals already made, on the 10th anniversary of the initial investment or each subsequent 10th anniversary after that.
Feel rest assured with a long-term savings option that delivers peace of mind
- For investors of all sizes – invest between £1,000 and £250,000 per year.
- Money back guarantees – receive 101% of the initial investment, plus any bonuses, less any withdrawals already made on the 10th anniversary or each subsequent 10th anniversary.
- Penalty-free withdrawals – up to 5% of the initial investment per year can be withdrawn without tax liability.
- Joint option – our Investment Bond can be held on a joint life basis.
- A £100 welcome gift – Receive a £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card* as a welcome from us when you invest £5,000 or more.
Our mutual ethos
As a mutual, we are here to create returns for our Members and not for corporate profit. Our mutual ethos means our Members are our shareholders and all surplus profits are returned to them as a bonus. It is this mutual ethos that has been the bedrock of our society for over 178 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
More details about the frequently asked questions on our Investment Bond
Other Important Information
Under current legislation, any gains, including any 5% partial withdrawals, from this Investment Bond will be chargeable for tax the Bond’s closure. Tax should only be payable if when you withdraw this Bond you are in a higher tax band or if the proceeds push you into a higher tax band. Basic tax has already been paid on this fund.
If you withdraw more than 5% in any one year that will trigger a chargeable event, for that year, for tax purposes.
Tax legislation may change in the future. If you’re in any doubt, please take advice from a professional tax advisor – you may be charged for this advice.
*Terms and Conditions apply for our Amazon.co.uk Gift Card offer. View them here.