Joining the Oddfellows Family – Who You Can Contact

The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)

Prudential Regulation Authority,

PRA Governance Function,
20 Moorgate,


Any interested party may make written representations to the Prudential Regulation Authority and/or give notice of intention to make oral representations to the Prudential Regulation Authority with respect to the application. This includes any person who believes they may be adversely affected by the transfer.  Those making the representations should state clearly why they claim to be an interested party and the ground or grounds to which the representations are directed.

Written representations and notice of intention to make oral representations should be received by the Prudential Regulation Authority by Wednesday, 30 December 2020.

Kingston Unity Friendly Society (KU)

Kingston Unity,

9 Navigation Court,
Calder Park,


Phone: 01924 240 164


KU Members are welcome to contact us with their questions about the planned merger and process moving forward. Our team will be happy to discuss your questions and comments with you.

Odd Fellows Manchester Unity Friendly Society

The Oddfellows,

Oddfellows House,
184 – 186 Deansgate,
M3 3WB


Phone: 0161 832 9361


For those Members who are looking to learn more about Oddfellows and the various benefits and opportunities that they will receive when we join with them, we encourage you to review their official website. Alternatively, their friendly team are more than happy to discuss everything with you via email or over the phone.

Back to the main page

Go back to the main page about our Oddfellows merger.

Please Note: You must confirm you have read the key facts, before downloading this document.

Key Facts about our services and costs

1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is designed by the FCA to be given to consumers buying certain financial products. You need to read this important document. It explains the service you are being offered and how you will pay for it.

2. Whose products do we offer?

We offer products from the whole market

We only offer products from a limited number of companies

We only offer our own products

3. Which service will we provide you with?

We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.

You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.

We will provide basic advice on a limited range of stakeholder products and in order to do this we will ask some questions about your income, savings and other circumstances but we will not:

  • conduct a full assessment of your needs;
  • offer advice on whether a non-stakeholder product may be more suitable.

We can only offer products from Kingston Unity Friendly Society. These products will enable you to:

  • protect yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • save and invest with the added benefit of protecting yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • provide benefit cover in the event of sickness

4. What will you have to pay us for our services?

Normally, if you buy a financial product direct from us, there will be no payments such as commission or fees payable. If there are any commission or fees payable, we will tell you how we get paid and the amount before we carry out any business for you.

5. Who regulates us?

Kingston Unity Friendly Society, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and .the Prudential Regulation Authority. Kingston Unity Friendly Society’s FCA Registered Number is 110056.

Kingston Unity Friendly Society permitted business is advising and arranging life assurance and pensions business.

You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

6. What to do if you have a complaint

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
…in writing Write to Kingston Unity Friendly Society, Complaints Department, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ. …by phoneTelephone (01924) 240164

If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?

We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.

Most types of insurance business are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit.