Transferring Your Child Trust Fund To A Junior ISA

Children who have a Child Trust Fund are not eligible to open a Junior ISA. However, you can transfer your Child Trust Fund into a Junior ISA. By transferring your Child’s account to a Kingston Unity Junior ISA, you gain access to an online savings account that is created by parents with parents in mind.

How would you like to receive your CTF to Junior ISA Transfer Pack?

Your Child Trust Fund options with Kingston Unity

An innovative way to make saving for your child’s future simple, quick and flexible.

  • Flexible payment options – Online, you can pay in one-off gifts or set up a Direct Debit for a regular amount
  • Everyone can contribute – Share your unique web link to allow friends and family to add to the account
  • See your goals – Our online dashboard lets you see the account grow and hit your saving goals
  • A low to medium risk fund – Our Junior ISA has provided inflation-beating returns since its launch in 2014. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. Bonuses are not guaranteed, but once added, they cannot be removed.

What is a Kingston Unity Junior ISA?

A Stocks & Shares ISA

Our Junior ISA has provided better than cash returns since its launch in 2014. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, but once a bonus is added to your account, it cannot be removed.

Tax-Efficient Saving from £5 a Month

You can save up to £9,000 for our child, tax-free, into a Junior ISA in the 2020/21 tax year. Save regular payments from £5 a month or add one-off payments from £10.

A Friendly Alternative to Banks

We’re a mutual which means we operate solely for the benefit of our Members and not for shareholder profit. Our Member first ethos has been helping people for over 178 years.

Over 100,000 Members choose to save with us

Learn why Kingston Unity has been trusted to help with financial futures for over 178 years

Please Note: You must confirm you have read the key facts, before downloading this document.

Key Facts about our services and costs

1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is designed by the FCA to be given to consumers buying certain financial products. You need to read this important document. It explains the service you are being offered and how you will pay for it.

2. Whose products do we offer?

We offer products from the whole market

We only offer products from a limited number of companies

We only offer our own products

3. Which service will we provide you with?

We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.

You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.

We will provide basic advice on a limited range of stakeholder products and in order to do this we will ask some questions about your income, savings and other circumstances but we will not:

  • conduct a full assessment of your needs;
  • offer advice on whether a non-stakeholder product may be more suitable.

We can only offer products from Kingston Unity Friendly Society. These products will enable you to:

  • protect yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • save and invest with the added benefit of protecting yourself and your loved ones in the event of death
  • provide benefit cover in the event of sickness

4. What will you have to pay us for our services?

Normally, if you buy a financial product direct from us, there will be no payments such as commission or fees payable. If there are any commission or fees payable, we will tell you how we get paid and the amount before we carry out any business for you.

5. Who regulates us?

Kingston Unity Friendly Society, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and .the Prudential Regulation Authority. Kingston Unity Friendly Society’s FCA Registered Number is 110056.

Kingston Unity Friendly Society permitted business is advising and arranging life assurance and pensions business.

You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

6. What to do if you have a complaint

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
…in writing Write to Kingston Unity Friendly Society, Complaints Department, 9 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ. …by phoneTelephone (01924) 240164

If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?

We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.

Most types of insurance business are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit.