Preparing to launch – November 2016
25.10.2016 by Alex Berry
We’ve been providing a range of savings and investment product to our members since 1840, and we’ve seen a lot change in the financial service sector over the years.
This is why we think it’s about time saving became simple.
We are preparing to launch a pioneering new product to make saving for younger members of the family simple, quick and flexible.
Our Friends and Family Junior ISA enables parents, grandparents, godparents and friends to easily pay into an account which, in years to come, could help pay towards university, a deposit on a house or even flying lessons!
If you’d like to be one of the first to hear more about this innovative new product all you have to do is sign up below.
By signing up you agree to receive further information on this product. We promise we won’t spam you or sell on your data and you will be able to unsubscribe should you change your mind.
Information about the Friends and Family Junior ISA
Important Information about the Friends & Family Junior ISA:
- Available to children aged under 18 – if your child already has a Child Trust Fund then they could transfer this to a Junior ISA.
- Invests in our With Profits fund & is classed as a Stocks & Shares ISA.
- It is important to remember that the investment performance of the ISA will depend on the performance of the Society’s With Profits fund, its expenses and other factors.
- If you transfer the account before your child reaches the age of 18 you might get back less than you paid in, but if the account stays with us and is withdrawn on the child’s 18th birthday then we will pay back everything that has been invested, including any bonuses that may have been added to the account.
- Tax treatment might change in the future.
- Anything paid into the account is classed as a gift to the child and cannot be repaid. The account must stay open until the child is 18 and there can be no withdrawals until then. However, once your child reaches the age of 18 they are free to use the money in the account as they please. Full details are contained within the Key Features document which should be read before applying. This will be sent with your Information Pack.